Efforts to address all maintenance requests as quickly as possible will be made. Please keep in mind when making requests that contractors are currently working on other jobs and typically work 8AM-4PM Mon-Fri, so realistically your request will not be handled the same day that you report it.
All maintenance requests/questions/concerns/communications must be submitted in writing. The most efficient way to submit a request is to fill out a "Current Residents Requests" form on this website, www.godfreyproperties.com. If internet is not available to you, please submit your written request by hand delivery, mail or fax.
There are few scenarios that represent true emergencies. They are:
- Fire - The house/apartment is burning down. In the case of sparking/smoking the fire dept. should be contacted as well. - In this case be sure to call 911 immediately.
- Flood - This does not include a leaky or dripping faucet, running toilet. The property must be flooding at a rate such that there are no means to stop the water from drowning the property in water.
- No Heat -If the heat is not working in the winter where temperatures present the potential of freezing pipes you'll need to notify the office as soon as you can so you can be added to the list for heat repairs.
- Safety Hazard - If the property presents a safety hazard in which someone's safety is in imminent danger (you may need to call 911 first), but also contact the office.
If an EMERGENCY maintenance situation arises outside of the hours of 8AM-5PM Mon-Fri call 434-960-2323 to report the EMERGENCY maintenance issue.
Always follow-up emergency calls with a written explanantion as soon as you are able (within 24 hours preferred).
* If reporting a non-emergency issue please do not call the EMERGENCY line. It is reserved solely for EMERGENCIES. A fee of $25.00/call to the EMERGENCY line for non-emergency issues will be charged to the caller or the account of the tenant calling.
A few example of typical non-emergency situations:
- Locking keys inside your rental or losing your keys
- Stopped up toilets/sinks
- Leaky faucets, running toilets (you should turn the water supply off in between uses to stop the leak until the plumber can be dispatched to repair)
- Air conditioning not functioning
If you're not sure if your situation is an emergency please fill out the current resident requests form and leave a message on the office voicemail (434-979-8155). You will receive a response as soon as possible.
Emergency phone number: 434-960-2323 Do not call it unless you have a true emergency. It is not a general maintenance line. It is not for scheduling viewing appointments for properties under any circumstance.
434-979-8155 · Fax 434-979-9435
142 A Carlton Road · Charlottesville, Va 22902
©2009 Godfrey Property Management, Inc. | Design by Chappell Graphics | Hosted by chatmoss